When purchasing a home, it is important that you hire someone who will help you understand the condition of your new property. A home inspector will inspect your entire house, inside and out. This is a very important part of buying a home that most buyers don’t think about until they are knee-deep in the process. A good home inspector can save you from making a purchase on an expensive piece of property that needs way more work than you want to put into it or just isn’t worth what the seller is asking for it. Additionally, home inspectors have been trained to look for problems with a building’s structure and components so a good inspector will be able to identify issues without disturbing them or causing additional repairs. One of the best ways to find an inspector is by asking friends and family because they may have used one before already or an experienced Real Estate Broker like me for a recommendation.
Here are a few things to be on the lookout for when selecting a home inspector to inspect your house in San Diego :
1. Ask for referrals from friends and family
2. Check out the inspector's credentials
3. Request a list of references from the inspector
4. Look at reviews on the inspector's website or other websites like Yelp and Angie's List
5. Get a written estimate, including what will be inspected and how long it will take
6. Find out if they offer any guarantees or warranties on their work
When you’re ready to buy or sell, be sure to contact me so I can be your guide!