Here are my top tips for writing the best offer possible.
When you’re trying to purchase a property in a competitive market and there are tons of other buyers interested in the same home, here are a few tips that will help you write the strongest offer possible:
1. Write an offer that’s over the asking price
2. Waive the appraisal contingency (if you have the cash to do so)
3. Do a 10-day inspection period or waive the inspection period altogether
4. Buy the property as is
5. Wave the one-year home warranty
6. Don’t ask the seller for seller credits or closing costs
7. Try to do a 21-day escrow instead of the normal 30-day escrow
8. Write the homeowner a personal letter detailing how much you love the property—tell them a little about yourself as well
I know a lot of buyers won’t be able to do all of these suggestions, but that’s okay. Do the best you can, stay positive, and don’t give up. The right home will eventually come along. If you have any questions about this topic, don’t hesitate to call or email me. I’d love to help you. Remember, life’s better on the coastal edge.